Saturday, November 8, 2014

Guest post from @mamasengdog after the Personalized Learning Conference

When I walked back into my classroom on Wednesday morning after attending the two day Personalized Learning Initiative, I thought of the ways I want my classroom to stay the same and how it can change after what I learned.  First, and foremost, I still need to encourage students to develop positive relationships, collaborate and communicate with each other and the adults in their life.   I also need to continue to develop positive relationships with my students.  It is essential for me to know the best way my students learn, what they enjoy doing outside the classroom and what makes them tick.  No matter how we deliver the content and material, we still need to develop relationships with our students.

My dream someday is to walk into my classroom after the final bell and see every student engaged and working without waiting for me to give the instructions.  That’s how I want my classroom to change.  Through personalized learning, students have the voice and choice in the pacing of their learning and in how they demonstrate their proficiency.  I want to give students the resources to learn the curriculum based on their learning styles, constant self-assessment and feedback, and their choice in demonstrating mastery of the content.  My goal is for students to take responsibility and ownership of their learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment