Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Update- July 25

As most of you know, on July 7th, I experienced the deepest and saddest loss in my life. This painful transition, this emotional paralysis, has forced me to re-examine my purpose and to figure out how my new life is supposed to function. Every doubt, every personal and professional vulnerability has been tested. 

The outcry of support from the Northstar family, has brought me to tears over and over again. The words, "thank you", will not even come close to expressing my appreciation and gratitude for your kindness and love. Through the dark clouds, I honestly believe that my calling continues to be servant leadership. To learn, to lead, alongside each of you, is what I am meant to come back to do. I continue to search daily for the fuel to do just that. Those of you that have helped me realize this, I owe you. 
You have been angels.

My goal is to be back at the Purple Palace on Monday, after being gone this entire month. I can't promise you that I won't start crying on any given day. I also can't promise that I will exude the empathy that I should for you, if you complain that your room temperature is not where it ideally needs to be. What I can commit to, is a work ethic that goes unmatched, and a commitment to support you and help give you what you need to be the best teacher, the best employee you can be, so that ultimately our students get the best educational experience during their time at Waukesha North High School. 

I seek the strength from Deb and the help from each of you, so that together, we can lead our championship team to an unforgettable, impactful year ahead. 


My hope is that each day of your life brings you a "trophy" moment of some kind.

1 comment: